Monday, March 22, 2010

Why My 5-year-old will Someday Rule the World.

What follows is a reasonably accurate transcription of a conversation we had on the way home from school today. By way of background information, I truly do dislike Sponge Bob, to the point of refusing to purchase any Sponge Bob related merchandise for my children. They know this and know that I won't budge on it.

“Mama, I hope Santa brings you a Sponge Bob Wii game for Christmas.”

“But I hate Sponge Bob.”

“I still hope Santa brings you a Sponge Bob Wii for Christmas, then you could play it.”

“I hate Sponge Bob. If I hate Sponge Bob, why would I want to play a game about him?”

“But Mama, you might like it. How can you know you don’t like it unless you try it!”

“You like Sponge Bob. Why don’t you ask Santa to bring you a Sponge Bob Wii game?”

“No, I want him to bring it to you, so you can try it. After you try it, if you don’t like it you can give it to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment