Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Too Old to Count

According to the "What's your Real Age?"quiz, I'm too old to count. You could read that phrase two ways. Either way it's not flattering.

So imagine my surprise when I visited the periodontist, and, in the middle of explaining to me why my bad gums are not really my fault, he adds the phrase "because you're very young." I must have looked as shocked as I felt, because he followed that up with "certainly you're younger than me."

This is a man who has a diploma hanging on his wall that shows he graduated from university exactly one year before I did, so I suppose technically he's correct. Nevertheless I must have continued to look shocked, because at this point he opened my file and actually checked my age.

"Oh," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment